Helping Entrepreneurs Start, Grow and Thrive
Creating jobs and building communities
Our customers are:
- New entrepreneurs, creating new businesses with passion and purpose
- Existing business owners maintaining or growing their products, services, or market
- Entrepreneurs located in and serving underserved minority communities
- Businesses engaged in healthy food production, distribution, and access
- Business owners creating new jobs that will provide employment for low to moderate-income individuals
We have loans for small businesses at every stage of their evolution
Our loans typically are:
- Amounts from $1,000 to $500,000
- Include free access to our Initiate knowledge portal
- Affordable fixed or variable rates from 7% to 9%
- Flexible terms
- Low origination fee of 2% to 3% of loan amount
What Do You Need Money For?
Want to start a new business? We can help! Do you need equipment or inventory? We can help! Are you buying an existing business? Improving your leased space? Refinancing existing high-cost debt? We can help!
“Northern Initiatives saw the potential we saw and was the first lender who helped us … You are the ones who made this happen.”
– Javier Olvera, owner, Supermercado Mexico
Loans to Build Community
Access to Healthy Food
Northern Initiatives and the Michigan Good Food Fund are expanding access to healthy foods, whether producing, distributing, or eating them.
Eagle Emerging Entrepreneur Fund
The Lundin Foundation, Eagle Mine and Northern Initiatives partnered to create a new program to benefit area entrepreneurs. The Eagle Emerging Entrepreneurs Fund (Fund) is an innovative partnership with the objective to enhance the accessibility and affordability of loans and technical assistance to micro- and small enterprises in Marquette County.
UPPCO Energy Savings Loan
Community Business Loan Fund
Will your new project result in the creation of jobs? You may want to consider the competitive rates and great terms with this loan fund. These loans can support training, working capital, equipment financing, and renovation. To qualify, for every $35,000 loaned out, one full-time-equivalent job must be created.
Ready to get Started?
We have loans for small businesses of all types, but the first step is to fill out our Loan Application Checklist.